I am a psychologist, group psychotherapist, and Somatic Experiencing® Practitioner who works with adults, in individual and group psychotherapy, in New York City and in Briarcliff Manor (Westchester County), NY. There is a good deal of information about the ways we might work together and the concerns we might address on the “For clients” pages.
I also provide training and consultation to therapists in the areas of my particular expertise: the resolution of trauma; psychotherapy with gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender clients; group psychotherapy; and organizational dynamics. More information is available on the “For clinicians” pages.
My qualifications include:
- I am a clinical psychologist, licensed in the state of New York (license #012007).
- I completed a post-doctoral fellowship in medical psychology and HIV/AIDS at St. Luke’s/Roosevelt Hospital Center in NY.
- I am a Somatic Experiencing® (SE) Practitioner and senior training assistant. I am approved to provide personal sessions and individual consultations for credit to SE students at all levels of training and group consultations for credit at the Beginning level of training. In addition, I have completed Kathy Kain's Touch Training for Psychotherapists.
- I was Secretary of the Board of Directors of the Somatic Experiencing® Trauma Institute for five years as well as acting Chair for a portion of the final year.
- I have been trained as a consultant in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR).
- I am a Certified Group Psychotherapist.
- I am Past-President of the Eastern Group Psychotherapy Society.
- I am an elected Fellow of the American Group Psychotherapy Association.
- I am a former member of the Board of Directors, the NY Center for the Study of Groups, Organizations, and Social Systems, an affiliate center of the A.K. Rice Institute.
- I am a frequent presenter at regional and national professional conferences, workshops, and other training opportunities.
- I served as guest editor of the September, 2009, issue of GROUP, the peer-reviewed journal of the Eastern Group Psychotherapy Society. The entire issue was devoted to “Group psychotherapy with lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgendered clients.”
- Over the past ten years, my colleague Roger Saint-Laurent, PsyD, SEP, CGP, and I have developed what we call SE-Informed Group Psychotherapy. The International Journal of Group Psychotherapy published our peer-reviewed article on SE-Informed Group Psychotherapy in January, 2017.